Let’s go ahead and answer this question right off the bat, “Is ShopBack legit?” Yes. Shopback is NOT a scam and is totally legit. How do I know? I’ve been using ShopBack since Jan 2016 and, spoiler alert, I LOVE IT!
Shopback Philippines Review
Just in case you haven’t heard about ShopBack, it’s a service where you’re given money back whenever you purchase anything from Shopback partners. Yes, you’ve read that right. ShopBack gives you money for buying things that you’ll buy anyway. I want to emphasize that they’re giving actual money: not points, not raffle for a chance to win something, not some promise of something better, actual money deposited to your bank. Isn’t that amazing?
How does ShopBack work?
ShopBack works by partnering with companies to help them get more clients and more sales. At its core, it’s simply affiliate marketing. I’m sure you’ve heard of affiliate marketing before but just in case you haven’t, affiliate marketing is when a company gives a commission to their affiliate for helping them generate a sale. With ShopBack however, instead of taking all the commission, they share that commission with their users. Win-Win!
To take advantage of ShopBack, first thing you need to do is to sign-up for a FREE account by going to the ShopBack website. After you’ve signed up, browse the ShopBack website to see which products or services are on sale (they’re listed by category like Electronics, travel, etc. to make it even easier to browse). Clicking on a product or a store will send you to the store’s website where you’ll continue your purchase.
So basically, instead of buying a product online for the full price, you’d go to ShopBack to see which ones are on sale, so you’d get a discount. It doesn’t stop there, when you’ve purchased your item, ShopBack gives back a percentage of the money you spent on your purchase!
Now you might be asking, “ShopBack is giving me money for buying something I’m going to buy anyway?” Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying. ShopBack has partner with brands like Lazada, Agoda, AirBnB, and even airlines like AirAsia. You’ll be using these services anyway, might as well get a discount and some money back.
“But it’s free… I’m getting free money?” Yes!! I know I’m starting to sound like a telemarketer here but it’s seriously so cool you should at the very least give it a try. There’s really nothing to lose. Signing-up is FREE.
How To Withdraw ShopBack?
You can go to your Cashback Overview page to see your earnings on ShopBack. Just click on the Withdraw Money link and add the way you want to get your earnings. You can either get your earning through PayPal using an e-Wallet transfer OR, and this is another awesome part, have it transferred to your local bank account. Yes, ShopBack support money transfer to your local bank. So whether you have BPI, BDO, Metrobank, Chinabank, PNB, etc. you’ll still be able to get your money. It’s so localized you can even use your Globe GCash to get your money.
Again, I’ve been using ShopBack from 2016 so I’ve already tried withdrawing my earnings and it works like a charm. It’s just a few clicks and the money is in my bank account.
I’m not a big spender. I only purchase what I really need. But earning 7k for doing nothing? Can’t beat that.
One thing to remember though is that you have to meet the minimum withdrawal requirement before you can withdraw your earnings.
What is the Shopback Minimum Withdrawal Balance?
The minimum with balance, meaning the amount you need to have as Available Balance, is PHP 200. You don’t have to keep withdrawing your earnings for every 200 pesos, but you can if you want to. Personally, I’ve only withdrawn my earning twice, both at 3,000 pesos. But that wasn’t planned at all. I don’t normally check my ShopBack. I just use it and forget about it. By the time I remembered to check my earnings, I already had 3,000 pesos. Same thing happened the following time. It’s kind of nice to see money where you’re not expecting, like opening your bag and finding a 1,000-peso bill that you didn’t know was there.
When Can I Withdraw?
You can withdraw your money any time. The only limit is that minimum withdrawal balance. You can leave the money there if you want to and withdraw when you actually need the money.
That’s about it for this review/tip. If you have any questions about ShopBack, you can go to the ShopBack Help Center where most questions have already been answered. If you have any questions that are not answered in the Help Center, you can reach them through their ShopBack Philippines Contact Number: (02) 231 3640. You can also reach them through the ShopBack Philippines Twitter account, @shopbackph. And if you’re looking for the ShopBack Address, don’t worry I still got you. It’s 9th floor, WeWork Co-working Space, Uptown Mall Tower 3, Corner, 11th Ave, Taguig, 1634 Metro Manila. Wait, you’re looking for the ShopBack Email Address? Why didn’t you say so, it’s email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to do to make sure I always earn from my online purchases?
- You need to make sure to remember to go to the ShopBack website or the Shopback mobile app before making your purchase. If you don’t, you’ll definitely miss on the opportunity to earn on your online purchase.
- If you keep forgetting to use ShopBack, I recommend installing the ShopBack browser extension which automatically pops-up whenever you go to a partner website.
- Is there a ShopBack mobile app?
- Yes, there is a ShopBack mobile app which helps you get earn on your mobile purchases. The app is available on both Android and iPhone. Just go to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store and search for the “ShopBack” app and you should be able to find it quite easily. To make it easier for you to install the app, here’s the app link.
- How to Use the ShopBack Extension?
- First you need to install the ShopBack Button extension. You can do that by going to the Google Chrome Web Store and search for “ShopBack Cashback Button”. Again, I want to make it easier for you so here’s the link where you can get it. After you’ve installed it, it will add a button on your browser. Before you start shopping, make sure you login to ShopBack and you’re good.
- The great thing about the browser plugin is that it reminds you to login to ShopBack in case you go to a partner website without logging in. The browser has saved me a lot of times on my travels whenever I go to AirBnB to book a room.
- If you’re using a mobile phone, there’s no browser app so you really need to remember to go to the ShopBack app first before shopping. What I do is that I put my ShopBack partner apps on one folder and beside that folder I put my ShopBack app. That way I’m always reminded to use ShopBack to earn money.
- What If I Forgot to Use ShopBack?
- If you forgot to use ShopBack then you won’t earn from your purchase. It sucks, I know. I’ve done that a few times myself. At one point I’ve actually cancelled my order and ordered the same items again though I only did that when I realized I didn’t use ShopBack as soon as I placed the order. If the order is several minutes old, I just accept the fact that I made the mistake, go to a corner, and cry.
- What is my ShopBack is Not Working?